Sunday, February 06, 2005

Churchill racism

I have a co-worker who told me she just loves quotations by Winston Churchill - she's a big fan. She's got a whole address book of 'em. I told her I liked good quotations too and she told me to send her any good ones I came across. I haven't sent her any yet, certainly not this one by her favourite colonialist:

"I do not agree that the dog in the manger has the final right to the manger, even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit, for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America, or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher grade race, a more worldly-wise race, to put it that way, has come in and taken their place."

This is how the great drunkard justified the occupation of Palestine by Israel.

-Bopper

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?