Monday, May 26, 2008
- Alexander the Great died at the age of thirty-three
- So did Jesus
- 33 is the number of the best NHL goalie ever to lace up his skates - a million blogger buddy points to whomsoever can correctly name him. Hint: he has tourette syndrome.
- In reference to gramophone records, 33 refers to a type of record by its revolution speed of 33⅓ revolutions per minute.
- 33 is a song by the Smashing Pumpkins on their Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness album.
- In French, Italian, Romanian, Spanish and Portuguese, 33 is the word a patient is usually asked to say when a doctor is listening to his or her lungs with a stethoscope (Trente-Trois, Trentatrè, Treizeci şi trei, Treinta y Tres and Trinta e Três)
- A normal human spine has 33 vertebrae when the bones that form the coccyx are counted individually
- The Scottish Rite of Freemasonry has 33 degrees.
- 33 were Uruguay's national Independence Heroes that liberated the country in 1825 from the Brazilian Empire, they are populary known as "Treinta y Tres Orientales" (The Thirty-Three Orientals), one of Uruguay's national states and its capital city is named " Treinta y Tres" after them.
I understand the Irish like to pronounce 33 and 1/3 thusly:
"Dirty Tree and a Turd"
But it's still a good age I'm sure (though not for Jesus or Big Alex...)
Ant: irish sounds a lot like maritimer.
CD: tis, thanks. and yours too?! if so, happy birthday!
I bet you're living large. Hooray for good news! I am sat in a KOA in Newburgh, NY. Big city tomorrow.
Did you see Patch's research?
Toast: research you say? are you implying patch used google and/or wiki? serious accusation, i hope you have proof.
actually i was supposed to play basketball tonight but it was cancelled. m's outta town so it's me, moon and a big bag of chips and game 2 of stanley cup finals.
I don't really like hockey, or any sport, but I did follow that series for a couple of years.
Happy Birthday Ben! Old manhood is now yours because teenagers will never look at you the same.
Exactly my age, but I don't want to think about that.
Perhaps you should have another birthday post when you are 33 and a third years of age.
Any excuse for a party.
Ivan: you're one sprightly 99, my friend.
XD: the one-third century mark eh? sounds like reason to celebrate. that'll also be my grandma's birthday.