Friday, November 11, 2005

Exit South

But there was a ferry to catch, a due date in Vancouver. Strange to wander into an open stranger's home for dinner then leave so soon.

"I don't know what to do with myself. I see the beauty here, and what's happening to it, I don't wanna go back to Toronto. The ocean - I need it. But my friends - I need them. And anyway what would I do here? What would I do about these clearcuts?" Bits of light short greens - tree harvest scars, still beautiful but insinuating greater beauty that once was - an aging actress. So plentiful these scars.

"Maybe the trees are just smaller here, in some spots."

They're shorter because they're younger, their parents massacred by our greed.

"You could move to Vancouver - lots of cool people there, and the ocean."

"Replace one urban nightmare with another."

"Not all cities are the same."

"The point is I gotta get out of Toronto, but I'm afraid to."

"Yeah, me too," she said.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?