Saturday, November 26, 2005

August 1, 2001

Sixteen days since Sadie left - withdrawal in full force now. Flashbacks - rose-coloured glasses flashbacks in futuristic Utopian fantasies, me her and ever'thing's fine.

Been a long time traveling without ever connecting with anyone new - not since Indonesia: Lodowne and Shorin. Inexplicable connection despite barriers of culture, language, religion. She a religious junkie, the worst kind, except maybe a love junkie like me. But everyone has addiction in common. "Leave it to fate," she said. I'm fate's bitch, all it does is screw me.

Okay, that's not true, that's the withdrawal talking. Serenity chores sweat it out of me: seaweed harvesting, cliffside weeding, bread-making.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?